It’s finally feeling more like fall and that means it’s time to decorate your interior space for the season! Fall is a great chance to play around with different color pallets. Whether you’re interested in more muted earth tones or bright oranges and reds, room accessories and accent pieces are a more affordable way to change up the look of any space. Below are a few pieces that we believe will get your home feeling more like fall.
Must-Have Fall Decor Items For Your Home
- Wall Art. Switching up your framed artwork can really transform your living space as long as you already have a neutral tone to your room. We highly recommend Fall-themed artwork such as this Astro reproduction, Ogin piece, or O’Keria wall art. Don’t forget that if you’re going to switch out your current artwork you should carefully wrap it and store it in a dry environment.
- Electric Fireplace Insert. Many homes and single family apartments in the greater Boston area don’t have built-in fireplaces anymore. If you have the wall space, we highly recommend an electric fireplace insert to warm up any room during a crisp fall night. The best part about these fireplace inserts is that they range in price as well as design. The AMINI Montreal Fireplace w/Firebox Insert is one of our most popular!
- Throw Blanket. Curl up under a cozy throw blanket with your loved one this season. Throw blanket are made in a variety of different materials such as wool — and the heavier the blanket the better for a New England fall. Our favorite is the Araminta Brown Throw Blanket — a perfect fall color that fits in well with a neutral-toned room.
- Table-Top Accessories. Do you have a coffee table or end table that could use some seasonal decor? Adding candles, a tray with some fall foliage or pine cones, and a picture of you and the family on a fall hike are a great way to make your room feel more like autumn. At Metropolitan Furniture we have a variety of table-top accessories and accessory sets, such as the Dexton Brown and Silver Finish set.
- Area Rug. Many older homes in the greater Boston area don’t have wall-to-wall carpeting, but an area rug can keep you and your family warm throughout the colder months. Area rugs are perfect for reducing sound, improving aesthetics, and trapping heat in a particular room. Opt for an area rug with some fall colors in it to make your living space more festive. Shop styles such as the Rosemont Rug, Frequency Rug, or the faux fur Jaxith Rug.
At Metropolitan Furniture, we have a wide variety of interior decor items that will act as perfect fall-themed accents in any room. Shop our accessories selection online or head to our showroom in Burlington at 45 Middlesex Turnpike.